The summer reloading/shooting season has opened.🙂
I have been trying out Redback One’s Carbine Standard.
RedBack One Carbine standardsPreamble: The following shooting standards have been designed to prepare students for advanced training with Redback One. These standards will serve as Go/No Go for enrollment to RB1 advanced weapon training. Students should strive for 100% speed and accuracy, however the entry standard will be 80%. These standards will be conducted ‘Cold and on Demand’ on day 1 of all RB1 Advanced Weapons Training. Failure to meet these standards may result in removal from the course. The final decision will be made by the Senior Instructor running the training.Instructions for shooting the RB1 Carbine Standards.
- All strings are shot from the ready positions detailed in each serial.
- Distance: as per requirements in each serial.
- Target: RB1 silhouette (preferred).
- Scoring zones: head box & A zone as detailed, 8” chest circle.
- Total score possible: 80 points
- Passing score: 64 pointsScoring the target:
- Each round in scoring zone = 1 point
- Each round outside scoring zone = 0 points
- Rounds fired after time limit = 0 points———————————————-Serial 1 – 7 meters (Low Ready)
- 1 round to the body – 0.80 sec
- 2 rounds body, 1 round head – 2.00 sec
- 6 rounds to the body – 2.00 secSerial 2 – 7 meters (High Ready)
- 1 round to the body – 1.20 sec
- 4 rounds body, 2 rounds head (A zone) – 3.00 sec
- 1 round body, 1 round head, 1 round body – 2.00 secSerial 3 – 7 meters (Low Ready)
- 1 round body, transition, 1 round body – 4.00 sec
- 1 round body, reload, 1 round body – 6.00 sec
- 1 round body, transition, 1 round body, reload, 1 round body – 11.00 secSerial 4 – 7 meters (High Ready)
- 10 rounds body, reload, 10 rounds body – 12.00 secSerial 5 – 10 meters (Low Ready)
- 3 rounds body, transition, 3 rounds body – 6 secSerial 6 – 10 meters (Weapon unloaded on ground)
- Load weapon and fire 1 round to the body – 5.00 secSerial 7 – 20 meters (High Ready)
- 2 rounds body (standing) – 2.50 sec
- 4 rounds body (standing to kneeling) – 4.50 sec
- 6 rounds body (standing to prone) – 8.00 secSerial 8 – 25 meters vertical cover (High Ready)
- 2 rds body strong side cover, strong shoulder, 2 rds body weak side cover, support shoulder – 6 sec
- 5 rounds body strong side cover, transition 5 rounds strong side cover – 16 sec
This is my second go at it and the first time I had to read the stages and shoot them myself..so that alibi is out of the way.
Result. I wasn’t tallying points just yet, I was just metering myself on my time and rounds on target so… this time I had all rounds on target with 5 outside of the “A zones” on an IPSC target. Most times were within standard but many were slow by a fraction of a second and a few by a second or more. Overall not a discouraging start, next time I will start tracking my score and see how I improve over time.